Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip CookiesCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
How to make delicious and chewy peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. With a soft centre and melt in your mouth peanut butter flavour!
226g slightly salted room temperature butter
260g smooth peanut butter
135g granulated sugar
200g lightly packed brown sugar
2 tsp (10ml) vanilla extract
2 large eggs
270g plain flour
4g bicarbonate of soda
265g milk chocolate chips
- In a bowl mix the slightly salted butter until smooth.
- Add in smooth peanut butter and mix well until fully combined.
- Combine in both types of sugar and beat until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix in. Then add in the eggs one at a time. Ensure each wet ingredient is mixed in fully before incorporating the next.
- Sieve in all of the flour and bicarbonate of soda into the bowl and mix until just combined and resembles a dough mix.
- Add in the chocolate chips and ensure they are evenly distributed into cookie dough mix.
- Using a spoon, place 50g size balls onto a baking tray, ensuring they are 2 inches apart
- Preheat the oven to 177°C
- Place trays into the fridge and allow to cool for 30 minutes. During this time the oven will reach the correct baking temperature.
- After 30 minutes, place the chilled cookie dough ball trays into the oven and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies and allow them to rest for 5-10 minutes in order to set.
- Once set they are ready to enjoy!
- Using smooth peanut butter holds the cookie better. Any supermarket peanut butter will do. I used Sainsbury’s smooth peanut butter.
- If you are in a hurry you can reduce the cooling time to 10 minutes, but the cookies will spread a little more. Make sure to put the oven on before you start if this is the case!
- If you wish, prior to adding in the flour and bicarbonate of soda, whisk them together in a separate bowl.
- In order to get even size cookie dough balls, use an ice cream scoop to measure them out.
- You can use a mixture of milk and dark chocolate chips if you prefer the cookies less sweet.
- On serving, add some rock sea salt on top to add a third dimension of flavour.